These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) are the terms and conditions upon which Charles Burnand Ltd (“we/us”) makes this website available to you and on which we provide our services and other associated products under the Charles Burnand brand. Using this website indicates that you accept these terms regardless whether or not you choose to purchase from us.
- All photographs and illustrations on the website reproduce our products as faithfully as possible, but are of no contractual value. Web browsers and computer screens display images differently and therefore should be used as a guide only. If you have any specific questions regarding any of our products please contact us prior to confirming your order.
- All prices include UK VAT.
- Prices exclude delivery which is detailed during the order process.
- Prices as stated as part of the Services are valid for acceptance for a maximum of 14 days from the date we receive your order.
- Orders can be placed by visiting our store or contacting us on 0845 467 5868
- Orders will only be processed if full payment, delivery and contact details as requested are given, together with the required recipient details.
- Credit cards accepted are clearly stated during the ordering process.
- By placing an order you are agreeing to the Terms & Conditions specified on this website.
- We are not bound by a contract with you until we have received full satisfactory payment and have issued an acknowledgement of your order.
- If we are unable to fulfill your order we will contact you as as soon as possible. Where necessary, refunds will be made no later than 30 days after the initial order has been placed.
- All orders are subject to acceptance and availability.
- Selected products are not available for delivery to certain areas. Where possible we will advise you of these restrictions before you place your order.
- Delivery details will be confirmed in your confirmation email.
- Where delivery is requested to a non-residential location or where a third party is involved (such as business address), a signature of an authorised person is accepted as proof of delivery. If you require special delivery instructions these must be given at the time of the order.
- We are only able to deliver one order to one address. If you wish to deliver to multiple addresses please place the orders separately. Please contact us directly if you have any complex or specific delivery requirements.
- The delivery is deemed to have been completed once it is accepted at the specified address. No liability is accepted if the intended recipient has moved or lives elsewhere.
- Delivery is to mainland UK addresses with a valid postcode only. We will not deliver to a PO box address. All delivery options are quoted during the order process. If you wish to deliver overseas, please contact us.
- We use our own delivery services within a specific radius of our premises, or a courier service for more distant locations.
- All deliveries are insured until delivered to the specified delivery address. We require a signature as proof of delivery at which point responsibility for your delivery passes to you.
- Confirmation of the delivery date will be confirmed once your order has been processed. We use national couriers for our delivery service but unfortunately we are not able to specify a delivery time or date. If you need a more specific delivery please contact us before placing your order so we can discuss options.
- Please contact us directly if you have any specific delivery requirements.
- In the event of no one being available at the delivery location, our courier will leave details of how to collect your item from their local depot.
- We will endeavor to contact you via the contact details provided to resolve any delivery issues should they arise, within reasonable grounds.
- Neither we, nor any courier or postal service that we use shall be liable for any failure to perform, where such failure or delay results from any circumstances outside our reasonable control including but not limited to any fire, flood, explosion, accident, adverse weather conditions, traffic congestion, mechanical breakdown, obstruction of any private or public highway, riot, government act, act of war, terrorism, act of God, or from any industrial dispute or strike whatsoever.
Cancellation & Returns
- Orders can only be cancelled via telephone.
- Orders placed or cancelled on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays will be processed on the following working day.
- Orders cannot be cancelled once dispatched.
- You are entitled to cancel any payment where fraudulent use has been made of your credit or debit card in line with your statutory rights.
- In accordance with distance selling regulations, you have fourteen working days from the date of receipt within which to return the item(s) ordered, at your own expense.
- To be returnable, products must be neither worn, washed nor used and in their original condition and packaging.
- Returns can be made to the following address: Charles Burnand, 15 Crawford Street, London, W1H 1 BR; enclosing the initial invoice.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to obtain and retain proof of return.
- Any products returned other than in their original condition and packaging, particularly where they are incomplete, used or worn, will not be taken back.
- If these conditions are met, we will refund the total amount of the order, within fifteen days of receiving the products. Original delivery charges are not refundable.
Customer Services, Queries and Complaints
- In the event that you are not satisfied with our service, please address any complaints:
- By web message
- By email: email@example.com
- By telephone: 0845 467 5868
- By post: 15 Crawford Street, London, W1h 1BR
- We are happy to discuss any issues over the phone during our opening hours. Please refer to the contact us page on the website for these times. Outside of these times we will endeavour to contact you the next working day.
- Your statutory rights remain unaffected.
- Any personal messages requested as part of the order must not be harassing, threatening, vulgar, abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist or which may cause embarrassment or distress to any person or are otherwise unlawful or objectionable.
- We accept the right to refuse such messages and to cancel an order which could cause offence or distress to the recipient as described above. We accept no liability for any personal messages sent.
- The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all content and material on this Website are owned by Charles Burnand Ltd unless otherwise stated or indicated. All rights which are not expressly granted in these Terms and Conditions are reserved.
- No part of this website may be downloaded, printed, reproduced, stored, published or distributed other than for your own personal, non-commercial use without prior written agreement, as long as:
- no documents or related graphics on this Website are modified in any way;
- no graphics on this Website are used separately from the accompanying text;
- our copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
- We shall only use personal data received from you for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations under these Terms and Conditions and according to the Data Protection Act 1998 (as modified).
- We will not sell or transfer any personal details to any third party except that which is required by law.
- Any information you send or post to us will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. We will have no obligations in relation to such material.
- The website will be kept error free to the best of our ability. We do not accept liability for any losses or damages incurred due to the use or inability to access the website service.
- We reserve the right to make any changes to the website without notice.
- Any changes to the Terms & Conditions will be posted on the website without prior notice. It is the customer’s responsibility to review these Terms & Conditions prior to placing each order. Placing an order binds the customer to the Terms & Conditions.
- We reserve the right to terminate, suspend or restrict the service at any time.
- Websites references to or linked to charlesburnand.com are not reviewed or controlled by Charles Burnand Ltd and we are therefore not responsible for their content or availability. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website you do so entirely at your own risk.
- All purchases are governed by UK law.